Monday, November 12, 2007

Our friend Gloria and her 11 month old, Elijah, have been staying with us for a couple of weeks. Elijah is one of three children that I have had the pleasure of seeing come into the world. The first was my nephew, Jordan. The second was TJ, the son of really good seminary friends. And then came Elijah last December. It's so cool that I've gotten to see this miracle so many times without ever having to personally hoist my knees behind my earlobes. ;-) God is good.
Elijah and Bella are buddies. And despite waking each other at crazy hours, occasional hair pulling, and pacifier snatching, they have been enjoying each others company. Elijah greets Bella in the mornings with his signature "uuuuuuhhhhhhhh!!!!" Which I assume translates into something really sweet like "good morning, sweetheart." Then, when I lay her on the floor for her bottle, he will crawl over, gently kiss her on the head, and then rip the bottle from her hands and try to guzzle it down before the adults come to her rescue. It's a love/hate relationship.
And while we don't normally promote pre-marital coed bathing, here are some fun pictures of them getting cleaned up for church.





3 comments:

T and T Livesay said...

They look perfect for each other. Hang in there girl! Love you, even though your comment today was very violent ... I know you would never drown me. Kick me, yes ... but not drown me. I am an awesome swimmer anyway.

Heather said...

I love Bella and Elijah's facial expressions in the first photo. Future comedic actors for KidStuf... Not looking ahead or anything. ;-)

T and T Livesay said...

NEW POST NEEDED.