Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fever

Tim's temperature this morning -102.1
Mamoune's temperature this morning -101.8

Ode to the Flu
by Amie Sexton
Oh, the flu, the flu
Poo-poo on you;
Get out of my house, you sorry louse
I have too much to do
to be sick with the flu.

There are two lumps in the house so far. One is the larger lump in our bed who used to be known as our kids father. He is now only recognizable by his occasional grunts and cries for drugs. He went down Thursday afternoon and aside from a couple of bed to couch to bed transitions, he has remained down. We got his first dose of Tamiflu today and we are hoping we squeezed into that 48 hour window.

I went in to check on him a few minutes ago and he was laying in bed in his "drawahs" because he keeps fluctuating between hot and cold. There pressed into his thigh was a shiny quarter. Apparently, it fell out of his pocket when he undressed and got back into bed. (sorry for the imagery, it will pass soon enough) I was like, "Dude, if you are paying me for taking care of you --you owe me a lot more than that!" He was not amused. shrug.

The lesser lump is Mamoune. Remember, that she is the one who rarely gets sick. When she laid on the couch last night, refused her dinner, and then went to bed at 7pm without any argument, I knew she was done for. She, too, is on tamiflu and round the clock Ibuprofen. She's been sitting up for almost an hour -this is progress!

I am coughing and have a mild headache. The doctor went ahead and put me on a preventative dose since my symptoms are/were mild. Hopefully, that will be enough to keep me going until this works its way through the family.

I think it's time to go and turn Tim -maybe I'll find a twenty on the other side. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor dears...
hey, lemme know how much you make this flu season, perhaps we'll come visit, while you're still all contagious.

Bobbey said...

Get well prayers being sent your way. Stay well mommy, this is no time to succumb to the flu!

(May I suggest showering in Lysol?)