Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tidbits from the Table

Every night at dinner, Tim asks the kids a leading question about their day such as... if your day were a color what color would it be? Or if your day was a pizza what toppings would be on it? It demands a certain level of abstract thinking and it's taken awhile for them to catch on to that concept. Many days we get answers like "my day was red because I'm wearing a red shirt." uh, okay. Even so, it's a fun little game and offers more information than the typical "how was your day/good" exchange.

Last night, he pretty much stumped the panel. The question was "If your day was a presidential candidate, which candidate would it have been?"

Mamoune and Isaiah were at a loss. Nathan however, surprised us by saying, "Well, it could've been like John McCain 'cause I was thinking about gas prices." I couldn't help but chuckle. "Really, you were thinking about gas prices? Did you come up with anything?" I asked. "No. I just thought about it...I was still listening to my teacher at the same time."

What a fix -solve the nations gas crisis or pay attention to third grade math?

Then it was my turn and I was having a hard time figuring out which candidate most represented the last 8 hours of my life but I think Tim hit the nail on the head:

"Yours was like John McCain because you spent the day trying to keep up with younger black people."

Ha. Ain't it the truth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was great. Tim gets props for that.

lisaqshay said...

HO HO HEE HEE HA HA LOL! still chuckling outloud from that dinner time tidbit. yes, tim nailed it my dear.
*chuckle*

T and T Livesay said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! It is a good post when I say, "TROY go read Amie's blog!" Silly Tim. We needed a laugh today. Thanks!!!