Monday, December 15, 2008

Mind Mush

I feel like I spend as much time apologizing to all of you for my failure to blog as I spend actually blogging. It's becoming a habit. Slackerness, that is. But please understand, it isn't because I don't want to blog. I'm just dealing with inner turmoil over what to blog. I have all of these really heavy issues that seem to be plaguing me lately (well, more so than usual) -poverty, racial reconciliation, justice, etc. I start to write about any one of them and they become so big and so multi-faceted that I get overwhelmed and give up. I consider writing something light hearted and funny but the deep and overwhelming stuff keeps popping up in my brain. And for some inexplicable reason, the kids haven't even done anything goofy enough to write about. shrug. I got nothing!

So, here it is. A pathetic post to offer pathetic excuses for the lack of posts and to warn you that this pathetic streak may be far from over. You could say a prayer that I'll be able to collect my swarming thoughts and maybe even organize them into something of value.

Thanks!

No comments: