Monday, December 8, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

After spending a whopping 15 minutes on the elliptical this morning I sat down on the couch beside Nathan. He hugged me and said, "Mom, it's been a loooonnnnggg time since I felt you and you were sweaty. Like a year or something."

Me: (glaring at him) I suppose it's been a while since I've exercised enough to be sweaty. (which inadvertently explains why I capped off at the impressive 15 minute mark.)

Nathan: Yeah. That's what I was trying to say.



Another quick one -

I asked Bella who has suddenly taken a notion to wearing underwear on the outside of her clothes ??? (I'll try to get a picture of that soon) to take off her shoes and put them away in her room. She took them off and laid them on the chair beside me.

Me: I don't want your shoes, Bella. Go put them in your room.

Bella: No. I'm fine.

Right. If only it were that easy. "Amie, the baby needs his diaper changed." No. I'm fine. Maybe you can try it with your boss and let me know how it works out for you.

No comments: