Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Dose of Whimsy

Our oldest son, Nathan, the originator of "forting," is one of the most whimsical kids I've ever known. His humor is very natural and subtle and he sometimes doesn't even realize that he's cracking us up. Here is one of his latest moments.

After reading several library books about slavery (I could post a list of the greatest children's books, especially about black history, if anyone is interested or you can email me amiefamie@earthlink.net)
I overheard the following exchange:

Nathan: (picking out two Lincoln Log people) I'm gonna be this guy and she is going to be my slave.

Mamoune: (indignant) Nathan! Those days are over!

Nathan: (unhindered) Well, then, she can just be my wife.

Oh brother! Will you all join me in saying a prayer for Nathan's future wife, wherever she is?!

1 comment:

T and T Livesay said...

Hope Livesay is no longer available. ;-)