Monday, March 26, 2007

Sailing, takes me away...

Don't you love that song? I've never been sailing and am not the sea-faring type but I still love that song. I think it actually lowers my blood pressure. Unlike the "SALING" we did this weekend. As in, yard saling. I can't say that it lowered my blood pressure at all but it was a gorgeous day and we did sell A LOT of stuff!

There were many people who helped us out by donating, sorting, pricing, loading, selling, cleaning up, and even purchasing stuff. THANK YOU!!

Now we are down to the nitty-gritty. One week to get what remains ready to move. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... we are living out that wonderful balance between the Lord working for us (like selling our house -all Him, totally out of our control) and the Lord working through us (like packing boxes). I don't recall any verse that mentions "The Three Members of the Trinity and a Truck", do you?

Christy Lane sang "One day at a time, sweet Jesus. That's all I'm asking of You." yeah well, for some of us a whole day is too much to swallow. I'm going with Louise Thornton and saying "'the joy of the Lord is my strength' for the next 15 minutes."

Think I can get a whole box packed in 15 minutes? We'll see.

No comments: