Friday, September 21, 2007

Single Dad Entry #1: So Far, So Good...

We ain't got no mama, no wife, no cook, no best friend, no "kiss-the-boo-boos" expert, no super-I-see-through-that-scam disciplinarian, no Amie.

However!!! We got Jesus, yes we do (I won't finish the cheer). And He is enough. We're making it. It's amazing what Jesus and the television can do to help a single dad make it through a long weekend without his wife. Thus far today we have accomplished the following:

1. Watched a movie (a replacement for Saturday kid shows because we have another plan for tomorrow morning).
2. Cleaned house (oh, yeah--and I plan to keep it that way!)
3. Had pancake day (extra sausage for everyone because Mom's not here!!--not that she rations sausage so that she gets the most when she's here, but...)
4. Homeschooled (9 minus 7 does NOT equal 3, even though I insisted that it did. Nathan is better at math than me).
5. Sent the kids out to play

And it's not even 3:00 pm yet! We're fine! Nothing can go wrong from here! We don't miss Amie at all!! (Watching for lightning bolts that proverbially hit liars).

Actually, I do miss my wife. BUT, she trained me well and left schedules, notes, recipes, and such for me. Thanks to her, I think we'll make it...I think. I think I can, I think I can...sigh...Monday is a LONG way away...

No comments: