Saturday, December 22, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus


I was just reading about my dear friend Tara's FUN-FILLED day searching for an available Santa Claus, you can read it here. And while I hate to rub it in =), I felt especially lucky this year and figured I would share our experience. It does not include driving; there were no malls; and not one encounter with Santa's pesky little helpers.


The kids came running into the house yesterday screaming "Mom! Santa Claus just got out of a car down the street!" Apparently Santa recognizes that few people in the 'hood can manage the mall scene so he comes right to them. The most joyful black Santa I have ever seen made his way up and down the street from door to door, 'ho,ho,ho-ing' and singing in a booming baritone voice, while passing out candy to the kiddos.


Even though we aren't technically part of the government housing area, he made his way to our corner where the crew was waiting anxiously. It may have had something to do with Jayla (one of the neighborhood kids) screaming "HEY SANTA! Come over here!" Not with the tone of pleading excitement you may have read into that sentence but more of a direct order. As in, "I'll pop a cap in your jolly behind if you don't."


So, there you go Tara. Just move to the projects and hire some little thug to terrorize Santa into your yard and you've got it made. Or you could just move to a third world country where it is a non-issue. ;-) Love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did any Livesays pop up when you did your google image search for "black Santa?"

The Sexton Crew said...

Ha -nope. Not even under "goofy, psychotic, black Santa" so...? No fun for me.

T and T Livesay said...

ha. seeing this now (sunday night) love it. I wish I could have found a black Santa --- no such thing exists in MN (as you noticed when you were here) maybe we'll finish up in haiti and head to wake forest.

The Sexton Crew said...

Sounds good. If you want to live in the projects -it's a three year waiting list. Let me know and I'll sign you up now. A one bedroom should work, right? =)