Thursday, December 13, 2007

If I Only Had a Brain

My daughter, Mamoune, is a very smart young lady and in some ways mature beyond her years. BUT during this interchange yesterday, well, you be the judge:

The Setting -Mamoune is looking at the computer over her mom's shoulder and mutters something incomprehensible.

Mom: What did you just say?
Mamoune: (swallows and repeats sentence, the content of which is irrelevant to the story)
Mom: What was in your mouth?
Mamoune: (with eyes bulging) Trash.
Mom: (with eyes bulging and mouth agape) Trash from where?
Mamoune: The floor.
Mom: You put trash from the floor in your mouth?
Mamoune: Yes.
Mom: And then you swallowed it?
Mamoune: Yes.

(Mom stares at Mamoune in disbelief. Turns her back to the child and places her head in her hands. Returns to the child and continues to stare in disbelief.)

Mom: Exactly what kind of trash was it?
Mamoune: I don't know.
Mom: You have no idea what it was or what it could have been from?
Mamoune: It was kinda fuzzy.

Just when you thought this family couldn't be any weirder. sigh.

3 comments:

T and T Livesay said...

Some of us KNOW exactly HOW STINKIN WEIRD you all are ... for others you are more of a mystery.

Hungry.
Gotta go eat some carpet fuzz.

Katy said...

Hi! I'm so excited to find you have a blog! blogs like this help me know I'm not alone in this world, and you are NOT alone! A while back Rob found Jesiah eating a "fuzzy" piece of bread he found in the trash...oh the things you'd rather just not know about.
-Katy

The Sexton Crew said...

Katy!! I'm so glad to hear from you. We are praying for you and I don't know how I missed that you guys had a blog. You are now on my favorites!