Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's the Same Old Song

Turns out better mattresses do not make better people. I'm the same old me.

According to Ben McRoy (per the apostle Paul) it's the fruit of the Spirit that makes you patient, kind, good, faithful, etc. Not the fruit of the Original Mattress Factory. shoot.

However, I am happy to report that my back ache is gone and I look forward to crawling into bed at night instead of wanting to sleep on the couch. These make me a happier person at least. And in all fairness to the mattress, it will take a few days to see the full benefit. The first night was rough because I kept waking up disoriented. I was waaaay too comfortable to remember that I was in my bed. Last night was better. I didn't even have to get up and pee -that's pretty amazing.

The true test will be tomorrow during homeschool. Will sleep keep aliens from exploding out of my stomach? Is there really a warm, nurturing teacher finally released from the bonds of fatigue waiting to emerge? Will I suddenly have the urge to wear a necklace made from wooden apples? (You know all the really good teachers wear those. Right, Nancy? :-) )

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Bobbey said...

I'm glad you're still the same old you. Sweet dreams!