Monday, February 26, 2007

For those who want to know, for those who don't care either way, and for those who just wish we'd shut up about it; hopefully, this will make all of you happy. It should be our final post about the recently relocated Smudge.
We are pleased to report that Smudge is enjoying his new home and family. Here are pictures from the drop-off of his new "sisters":

Mindy and Natasha


Thanks to all of you who prayed for us on that day. It was especially difficult for Nathan. He cried all the way home and then more (along with Tim) after we got home. It's hard for us to see our kids hurting because of a decision they can't fully understand. We try to teach them to "cast their cares on the Lord for He cares for you." And yet, somehow healing comes faster when you throw in CiCi's pizza and a movie. Yes, we are starting the horrible trend of "comfort food" early. It won't last long though. Something about beans and rice doesn't sound as soothing.=)
We did learn that Smudge whimpered for quite a while after we left. Maybe he liked us more than he let on. But he's adjusting just fine and all in all, we believe there may only be one who will NEVER get over the new arrangement...

Sorry Bandit!

2 comments:

nancy said...

Way to go Smudge! I'd miss the Sextons too if I had to leave them. Hey what am I saying? They're leaving us and I'm gonna miss them and I didn't even live with them. I can feel for you bro. I'm glad you have new sisters. Cats aren't so bad either once you get used to them.
Nancy

Copper Toy said...

Smudge, I miss you, call me on your puppy cell phone and let me know where you are so I can run and visit you on my next walk!!!

Woof, Copper