Thursday, February 22, 2007

What a Day!

Selling the house, it turns out, is more of a challenge than getting it ready to sell. For whatever reason, the appointment scheduling company (not our agent) can't manage to give us more than 22 minutes notice for a showing. On a really good day with absolutely no pressure we can't make it out of the house in less than 22 minutes, much less do a once over and run the vacuum. Puh-leeze!

Don't believe how crazy it is? I received a message yesterday saying that we needed to be away from the house for a showing between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. Time of message -5:32pm! Anybody else see the flaw with this process? I won't bother spelling out (again-for those who heard it at church last night) how my son opened the door for our agent and a client while I was in the shower. I have no doubt that me making an appearance in the buff would immediately lower our property value. :-/

Then to top off the insanity of the day... we pulled up to the stop light in town and the car next to me honks the horn. I expect to see someone I know and have a quick chat. Nope. There's a young man in a beat up hooptie wearing sunglasses, waving, and flashing a grin. HUH? I respond with a half-hearted head nod and a look of utter disbelief. "Why is he looking at you, Mom?" Mamoune wants to know. Well, honey, isn't it obvious? He's delusional and needs therapy. Seriously, a guy who will come on to a bedraggled woman with FOUR children in a STATION WAGON is obviously suffering his own form of insanity.

Maybe things aren't as bad as they could be!









No comments: